Thursday, September 23, 2010

September 23, 2010

So this is day one of the Rayl Family Blog. Let's hope it is a habit that takes. Yesterday I took the kids to the library for the first time since Carson was born. Up until now the size of my children has made it too inconvenient for a trip to the library. Rachel and Lilly are now old enough to follow basic instructions (halleluja) such as "stay close" and "don't tear the books". And Carson is still little enough he does not mind being in the stroller too much. Rachel and Lilly did not do too much book shopping, they just picked the first 4 books they found and were ready to go. Rachel LOVES books. She wants me to read to her all the time, and she doesn't care what it is I read. Lilly is growing into a love for books as well. Carson...he is still in the color-in-the-books phase. Reading to him is like reading to a puppy. They want the attention at first, but eventually they just get squirmy and want to chew on things.

Rachel and Lilly are "doing art" right now. I was just given a few pieces of their work. I thought it was because they love me, but just now Rachel brought my wallet to me and demanded payment for the art work. For the rest of the day we will be canning salsa, much to Rachel's chagrin. She likes going places, and spending the day at home isn't as exciting for her as it is for me.

1 comment:

  1. What cute kids!! The part about Carson being like a puppy made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete