Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Noggin

Shelby taught the girls the "Don't step on the crack or you'll break your mamma's back" song. They think it is hilarious. Rachel uses it to tease me, and is always saying, "mo-om, I am stepping on the li-ine." Lilly is a different story. She has her own version of the song that goes "Don't step on the line or you'll break your mamma's noggin." When I am making dinner or doing the dishes I often hear a little gasp, followed by Lilly's admonishment, "Mom! You're stepping on the line!" She takes it a little more seriously than Rachel.

Rachel told me in the car yesterday that when she grows up she wants to marry a police man. Lilly isn't one to be left behind in these conversations, so she quickly decided she would marry a store man. I asked her why she picked a store man, and she said, "because they are good at doing store stuff." She isn't wrong. If she still wants to marry a store man when she is 25, it is OK by me.

A lady in our ward was telling me how much her little boy loves Carson. She said he calls him "the one with the eyebrows". It reminded me of when he was born. That was a comment we got a lot. People would say something like "I have never seen a newborn with eyebrows before!" I can confidently say those eyebrows are the doing of the Rayl genes. Eyebrows and all, he is so cute!

Rachel poked herself in the ear with a Q-tip yesterday. I didn't see it happen, but later that day she complained a lot about her ear hurting. Finally in the evening on the way home from karate, I told her I would give her some Tylenol as soon as we got home. She was having none of it. She insisted on having Shelby "use the special oil" on her head and say a blessing. Apparently she had a primary lesson about it on Sunday.The ear problem was minor, but it seemed like a good opportunity to increase her testimony of Priesthood blessings. Shelby asked Brother Millward to come over and help. I think it was a good experience for Rachel and for Shelby.

No comments:

Post a Comment