Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Carson the Two-Year-Old

So I forgot about the terrible twos! Up until now, we have been extremely lucky with Carson, who had not had real moments of two-ness. He is over it now, and making up for lost time. He had his first mega fit a few days ago when I put something away before he had the chance to. He threw himself on the bedroom floor in a screaming tantrum that did not end for a good 20 minutes. It all came back to me pretty quick, and I successfully ignored him. He had a hard time figuring out how I could care so little and be so unaffected when he was obviously really suffering! Since then we have had a good half-dozen such fits every day. This is not my first time around with these fits, and after three kids I am now better equipped to handle them. They are annoying, sure, but they don't stress me out like they used to.

Shelby took the girls to see Tangled on Saturday. Wanting to see that movie is all Rachel has talked about for weeks. Every day it was "is it we can see the movie with the girl and the hair today?" When she asked on Saturday, there was  no reason not to take them, so off they went while Carson and I had a little date together. Everything is all about Tangled ever since. On Sunday, Shelby played "Tangled" with them, where they acted out the plot of the movie. So cute!

Rachel fell down and skinned her knee the other day. She was devistated. I think she mistakened a skinned knee for cancer, because she thought for sure she was going to die. Shelby was the one who brought her in and cleaned her up. He was sympathetic to a point, but once Rachel crossed the line into unreasonably upset, he stopped being quite so understanding. Lilly being her typical self was very concerned for Rachel. She came in the kitchen on the verge of tears and asked if I could cuddle Rachel instead of Daddy. I guess Shelby was not being as sympathetic as Lilly wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment