Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Eye Water

Lilly was telling me about a dream she had that was scary. She told me she cried, and then she paused for as moment before saying "and my eye water came out." Apparently we have never discussed tears before, which is funny considering how often they get shed around our house.

Rachel and Lilly were having a hot debate about boogers while we were driving to karate. I heard Rachel tell Lilly "and you can eat boogers." I was instantly filled with dread "oh, no" I thought, "Rachel is going to be known as the bugger-eater!" We have focused a lot in our house on nose-picking, and when it is not appropriate, but never discussed the fact that one should NEVER eat their boogers. I hollered back to her "No Rachel, we do not eat boogers." She responded innocently "why? I like them!" Lilly, not wanting to be left out of the conversation said "Can we eat burgers?" "Yes Lilly, you can eat all the burgers you want. Just no boogers!"

Felicia and Chris had their baby. They stopped by our house a couple of days after with baby Jude so the kids could meet him. Of course Lilly and Rachel loved him, and were thrilled at having a little baby at our house. I was curious as to how Carson would do with little Jude. Although Carson is pretty tender, he is not as maternal as the girls are. I asked him if he wanted to hold the baby and he said "yeah!" We sat him down and put Jude in his arms and Carson was mesmerized. He would give Jude kisses and stroke his face. After a couple of minutes I asked if we could give Jude back to Felicia, and he gave me a decisive "no." I tried again a couple of minutes later and the answer was once again "no." I don't think he took his eyes off the baby until we gave him back to Felicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment