Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Regular Lady

On Mother's Day I asked Rachel what she wants to be when she grows up and she told me "I just want to be a regular lady." I asked what a regular lady is and she said "someone who is just home with her kids. I am going to have three and name them Rachel, Carson, and Lilly. And I am going to let them play all day and be loud and I will never get mad at them." I told her that I hope she has really well behaved children. I can see why she finds that life so appealing. What five-year-old would not want to stay home all day and play with other kids, especially when said five-year-old can be the boss?
Last night, the girls were giving us the business about going to bed. Lilly often gets out of bed when Rachel beckons her and goes into Rachel's room to play. Rachel's idea is that as long as Lilly is the one out of bed, she can't get in trouble. Her response to "Girls, go to bed!" is always "I'm in bed, Lilly isn't." We called Lilly into the living room last night and I told her if she didn't go to bed I would spank her bottom. Shelby said "and after she spanks you, I will spank you." Lilly seemed completely unaffected by the threat when she looked at me and said "Daddy spanks hard and you don't." Now that I know, I will work on it.

Carson loves to listen to music with me on the computer. It is our cuddle time. Lately every time I either sing or move to the music he says "noooo!" I wonder if I should be concerned that my 2-year-old already finds me to be embarrassing. Carson has added "ball" to his regular list of words. He still mostly says "no," "yeah," and "please". Occasionally we get a "Lilly," "up," and "daaady!"

No comments:

Post a Comment