Tuesday, June 21, 2011

PB&J

Lilly is the peanut butter and jam queen. She would eat a peanut butter "hamich" with every meal if I would let her. She settles for one at lunch every day, but she does not take it well if it is not a lunch time option. Yesterday I started to get the bread and peanut butter out when she said to me "Mom, I don't want a peanut butter hamich for lunch." I made her repeat herself to be sure I heard her right. "Well then, what do you want?" I asked her, still a little unsure. "Umm...how bout a cheese quesedilla?" So cheese quesedilla is what we had. This may be the start of a new lunch time obsession for Lilly.

As I mentioned, Rachel is really into commercials lately. At dinner the other day, she asked me if I knew what gas tax is. I do know what a gas tax is, but I was interested to know what she thought it was. She said "you eat it, and then you don't have any gas. I saw it on TV." It did not take the two of us long to determine she meant "GasX", the anti gas medication.

The girls are really into running through the sprinklers lately. It has been an incredibly cool spring/summer, so the opportunity has been rare so far. Every day though, Rachel still asks "is it a good day to run through the sprinklers?" It could be pouring outside and she still asks. Well, today it is hot so I let them turn the sprinklers on. Carson is not sold on the whole run-through-the-sprinklers thing, but he is not one to be left out. The girls put their swimsuits on, and I asked Carson if he wanted his too. He said "Yeah! Yay!" and ran downstairs. I told Rachel to go get him and again I asked him "do you want to put your swimsuit on?" Again, his response was "Yeah!" and he tried to run away. I grabbed him and started putting his trunks on. He screamed and fought me the whole time. Once he was dressed I tried to take him outside but he was still screaming and crying and pointing to Lilly. It wasn't until he tried to take his trunks off that I realized what he wanted was a swimming suit like the girls have. Since he has no memory of wearing a boy swimming suit, the girl style one's are all he has known. I was tempted to give in and let him wear one of Lilly's, and I would have done it if it weren't for the fact that they were playing in the front yard. Who knows what the neighbors would think of me? Anyway, he got over it pretty quick once we turned the water on. At that point all of his energy went into avoiding getting wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment