Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Knees and Toes

I had an exceptionally intense lower body workout last week, and the next day I volunteered in Rachel's class. Towards the end of the day we sang a song about letters starting at the top. Throughout the song we are required to touch our toes several times, which considering my sore bummy was a real struggle. The song went on forever! I kept thinking "surely this is the last time I have to touch my toes." Rachel must have noticed my issue because she finally leaned over and whispered "Mom it's OK if you want to just touch your knees."

We had a cool morning at boot camp last week. One of the ladies who comes asked Carson where his jacket is. He ran inside to find it and came out with a life jacket, which he insisted on wearing. Every boot camp since he finds that life jacket and brings it outside with him.

Lilly's new thing is to tell us nobody likes her whenever she gets reprimanded for anything. Usually we just ignore it, but I finally told her the other day "Lilly stop it. Nobody in the world is as well liked as you!" And that is the truth. Lilly makes friends easily wherever she goes. She is sweet and fun and really funny. I think this is why it pushes my buttons when she says nobody likes her. The truth is everyone likes her! I sometimes have a hard time coming up with stories about her for the blog because nothing she says is anecdotally funny, but everything she says cracks me up.

What a good baby Emilia is getting to be. I put her to bed at 8 last night. I woke her up to feed her before I went to bed and did not hear a peep from her until almost 8 this morning. She is growing out of her "fussy in the evening" phase, and she smiles all the time. There is a sweetness about that baby, and I am so excited to see how it plays into her personality as she gets older. I was feeding her and Carson started crying in the other room. As soon as he started, her face scrunched up and she whimpered a little. I wonder, is it because it hurts her little heart, or just her little ears?

1 comment:

  1. I have to laugh about the puddles- it's just such a rite of toddlerhood! :)

    ReplyDelete