Friday, December 30, 2011

Duck Duck Goose

We had Ian and Maya here for a couple of days. They just went home this evening. Earlier today I took all the kids, including the two of them with me to teach boot camp. When we pulled into the parking lot Maya asked, "Why are we at the church?" I told her "This is where we do boot camp." She looked a little unsure and asked, "Can I play duck duck goose?" I told her "yes."  "Can I sing Twinkle Twinkle Little star?" I said she can sing it all she wants. She gave an enthusiastic "Yesss!" While we were there, Lilly took Maya in the nursery bathroom with her to keep her company while she (ahem) went poop. Having two kids in a locked bathroom is never a good idea, so when I discovered them I asked Maya to please unlock the door. I asked her why she was in there while Lilly was going to the bathroom. She looked like someone who had just been rescued. "I don't want to be in here anymore." I told her I didn't blame her and let her escape. Lilly told me she was keeping her in there because she (Lilly) was scared. They were fun to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment