Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oxy Clean

To further demonstrate Rachel's complete faith in any commercialized item, I have the following story. Rachel asked me if I have a thing called Oxy-Clean. "I DO have Oxy-Clean!" I am sorry to admit I felt a little pride in actually owning one of the hundreds of commercialized items she thinks are necessary to our daily life. The next day I used what was left of my Oxy-Clean, and threw the bottle away. Rachel saw it in the trash and read me the riot act. "Mom! Why did you throw it away?" "I'm sorry Rachel, but it was gone." "Well, you have to get more! We NEED Oxy-Clean!" I asked her if she felt like she needed it because of all the laundry she has to do. She gave me her coy little smile, and let the subject go.

Lilly ate a hot dog yesterday. This is her first meat in months, so it was kind of a big deal. She was offered mac n' cheese or a hot dog. She said she wanted a hot dog and asked her if she was sure. "It has meat in it" I said. She told me "I don't want the meat, but I do want a hot dog." I said, "But the hot dog is meat." Again, not quite understanding she told me "I do want a hot dog, but I don't want meat in it." We went round and round like this until finally she ended up with a hot dog. After she was half way through she showed me the hot dog and said "mom, there is no meat in this!" Apparently a hot dog is processed enough that it no longer has the taste, texture, or look of a piece of meat. I do not know if the hot dog lunch is the beginning of the end of Lilly's vegetarianism, or just a fluke. 

My little boy is growing up. He is talking a lot now, and I can even understand most of what he says, although it is still a guessing game sometimes. We even get complete sentences and phrases such as "Hi Lilly! Daddy's here!" The girls went to a basketball game with Shelby a couple of weeks ago, and I kept Carson with me. To ease the pain of not being able to go, I took him through the drive through to get a burger (one of his favorite things). He was still crying about being left out, and was not amused with my offer of a burger. I ordered one for him anyway, and when I tried to open the bag to give it to him, he cried even harder. Assuming he wanted to take it out himself I handed it back to him. Between the tears and agitation, he was having a hard time getting the burger out, which only made him cry harder. I finally pulled over, took the burger out of the bag and unwrapped it for him. When I handed it back to him, it was like someone flipped a switch. The tears stopped and he gave me a very appreciative "Thank you Mommy!"

I know it seems like every other day I am writing about a doctors appointment for Emilia, but here it is anyway. She had her 4 month checkup yesterday, which aside from getting her immunizations was a total waste of my time. I had no concerns, no issues, nothing to discuss with the doctor. Both Dr. Hanks and I were thrilled at the monotony of the checkup. Emmy's only very minor issue is that she is not rolling yet. I am not worried. She gets nowhere near the floor time her siblings did for fear that she will be mauled.

No comments:

Post a Comment