Tuesday, February 28, 2012

B Day

On Sunday night I told Rachel we had to go to bed early because she had school in the morning. She was adamant that she did not. "Trust me Rachel, you have school tomorrow!" I told her, very sure of myself. At dinner we even looked at her calendar to find out if she had P.E. I glanced at the day and told her that Monday was in fact a P.E. day. Shelby put her on the bus the next morning and on we all went with our day. A little before 8am the office called to inform me that Rachel did not in fact have school that day, and I needed to come pick her up. Rachel is on an A/B schedule where she has school M-W-F one week and T-Th the next week. She goes on A day, but I sent her on a B day. She said she knew as soon as she got on the bus and saw a Kindergartner she did not recognize. I knew it was a matter of time before I got mixed up.

Uncle Cody took Lilly to a birthday party last night for Annalise. This is the daughter of a friend of Cody's that Lilly likes very much. She came home with the symptoms of someone on crack! As soon as she walked in the door she started talking a million miles a minute. She gave us roughly the following information. (Enter Lilly) "Hehehehehehehe, heheheheh...they have a snake but I didn't get to hold it (insert excited jumping and crazy eyes). It was a big snake. My favorite part was opening presents. Hehehehehe! (Pause) I just licked my skin!" Nuts right? They say sugar has no effect on the energy levels of children. You be the judge.

We started casually potty training Carson. I say casually because that is all I have energy/desire for. So far, potty training is my least favorite part of parenting. Yesterday he peed in the toilet once, in his pants once, and during the second half of the day in his diaper exclusively. He hates having wet pants, which is good. But beyond that, he is just not that interested. I caught myself yelling at him to sit and go potty, which is not  good for either of us, so I am backing off. This approach worked great with Lilly. We tried to train her for a couple of days and then gave it up. A couple of days later she decided on her own that she wanted to go potty in the toilet. We pushed Rachel and it was a nightmare.

So Emilia is rolling all the time now as a mode of transportation. She still hates to be on her stomach, but with some thought and care she can roll onto her back. She talks like crazy these days, and of course her favorite thing to say is "dadadada" which I think is completely unfair. Considering I carried her, gave birth to her, and now spend my days responding to her every need, her first word-like sounds should rightfully be "mama".

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! I am 3 for 3 on girls who would only say DaDa!

    ReplyDelete