Monday, March 12, 2012

My First Miracle

I took the girls to get a burger on Monday. Rachel was thrilled because they accidentally gave her an extra piece of cheese. She asked me if I told them to give her extra cheese. I said "No. They must have made a mistake." Rachel exclaimed "Yay! This is my first miracle!" Lilly usually orders her burger sans the burger, and add extra cheese. So her "burger" consists of a bun, two pieces of cheese, and ketchup. This time she asked for pickles and got them. She said "Mine has pickles, that's a miracle too!"
We went to the park that same day, and guess who showed up? Poopy Dangle and Derek! For those of you who do not know, or do not remember, Poopy Dangle was Rachel's first imaginary friend. A few months later she added Derek. When Lilly was old enough she also adopted these two fellows as her friends. Both have been MIA for a good year or more. Not much has changed with the boys except Poopy Dangle is now eight-years-old instead of ten.

Lilly has a huge vocabulary, but often does not use her big words correctly. She told me that she did not like her toys because they were insisting her. I quizzed her on the meaning of the word "insisting". She did not have a clue. I think using big words is her attempt to be a little more grown up. The trouble is, not all of her words are entirely appropriate. I told her Emilia keeps spilling Cheerios on the floor and she said "That damn Emilia!" She told me she made the word up.

We are potty training Carson. This has got to be hands down my least favorite parenting job to date. Even so, things have gone relatively well. He has been running around in nothing but underwear, and we transport the toddler toilet from room to room for him. He pretty well makes it to the toilet every time. Pooping is a whole different story. He has yet to even attempt to make it to the toilet for bowel movements. We are of course using a lot of bribery to get him to use the toilet for either one. On Sunday I told him if he peed in the toilet I would give him a star for his chart. He said "OK...and candy...and popcorn...and a toy...and juice!" I of course agreed to all of his demands.

So one month ago I had the sweetest, easiest, most laid back baby in the whole world. What a difference a month makes. As we speak Emila is strapped to my chest while I type, because all of the sudden she wants to be held all the time. This is a demand I do not have time for. The crying bothers the other kids, but all of their attention does no good. She wants to be held by ME! She will soon learn that constant holding by mom is for only children, not for a family of six.

No comments:

Post a Comment