Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December 28th, 2010

Shelby took the whole week before Christmas off. It was awesome! I wish he could be home all the time. We all played too hard and slept too much, and nothing got done around the house, but it was worth it. Shelby took the girls to movies two days in a row, and then on Christmas eve, he took them to PoJo's. He is now considered the fun parent but I don't care. I am glad they got to spend time together. And it made Christmas week much less stressful for me.

The kids had a wonderful Christmas, and despite Santa's efforts to keep it simple this year all three of them were spoiled rotten. Considering the only thing Rachel asked for this year was bubble gum, it is safe to say that my kids are easily pleased. Rachel and Lilly both loved a princess art set they got, complete with stickers, paint, color crayons "weird color crayons" (according to Rachel), markers, and color pencils. Carson's favorite gift is a toss up from the tool set he got from his cousin and the cement truck he got from Papa and Nonna. According to Lilly, the reason Santa got them all these presents is because I wouldn't.

Christmas eve we took the kids to Jaker's along with uncle Cody. We were a little nervous about bringing them to a nicer restaurant so we had a talk about it beforehand. We told the girls that it was important that they talk quietly and not get out of their seats. Jaker's turned out to be a zoo, and not at all quiet. My kids could have had temper tantrums and nobody else in the restaurant would have known. When we first walked in I took Rachel right to the bathroom. While we were in there she whispered in my ear "Is it OK if I talk in here?" I told her that it was OK if she talked as loud as she wants while we are in the restaurant as long as she is polite, and she was. Rachel and Lilly are both growing into wonderful young ladies.

We are the luckiest parents in the world because our kids still let us sleep in on Christmas morning. Around 9am, when there was still no sound from the kids I woke Shelby up because I couldn't wait any longer. The kids opened presents and then we had a waffle breakfast. I even made the effort to get whipped cream and strawberries. I learned something about my family that morning. While everyone loves whipped cream (and really, who doesn't) none of them like strawberries on their waffles except me. After breakfast we met the rest of my family at the Surprise Valley clubhouse to open more presents and play with cousins. I would say that all made for one killer Christmas. Stay tuned for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment