Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6th, 2010

Lilly has always been passionate about life. She vacillates between ecstatic and devastated at least a half-dozen times a day. I did not think it was possible but over the last couple of weeks, her passion has intensified. We are seeing this in the form of more crying, weeping, hysterical fits. I want to be sympathetic, but when I ask her what is wrong, and she answers almost indecipherably "I can't find my red color crayon!" I have a hard time feeling sorry for her. When she learned that we were going to have a baby-sitter on Saturday night she said in a sweet voice "I want to tell the baby-sitter that I spend too much of my life crying."

Shelby always packs some kind of snack for the kids to eat during sacrament meeting on Sundays. Yesterday he brought a bag of Cheerie-os. I thought I would try a game my dad used to play with me. I told Lilly, and then Rachel, that I could see Cheerie-os in their ears. I would pretend to dig them out and then show them the Cheerie-o that was already hiding in my hand. I must have been convincing because whenever I would do it to Rachel she would grimace, and get this disgusted look on her face while I "got the Cheerie-o out". I laughed a little and forgot about it until I looked over and saw them sticking Cheerie-os in each other's ears. Images of emergency room visits danced through my head and I revealed the secret of my magic trick, which has now been banned.

I asked the girls to write a letter to Santa today. I wrote while they listed the gifts they wanted. Lilly's went as follows: "I want a Barbie and a Buzz Lightyear coloring book and broken ears and a broken arm." I asked her why she wanted broken body parts and she said "because it's funny!"

No comments:

Post a Comment