Friday, February 18, 2011

Carson and the Big Kid Bed

We have been trying to convert Carson to a big kid bed over the past few nights.  He falls asleep in our bed and then we transfer him to his crib . So far he has done great with it. I thought I would try it for nap time yesterday. I put him down and did not hear another word from him. About an hour later I was in the middle of patting myself on the back for being such a competent mother when I heard someone banging on a door. My first response was to tell Lilly to stop it before she wakes Carson up. But then I realized it was coming from my bedroom. I went in to find the contents of my jewelry box spread out all over the floor. I think he spent about two seconds in my bed before getting up and entertaining himself. So for now, nap time will still be in his crib.

Lilly and I have had a routine for the past couple of weeks. In the morning she gets up and climbs in bed with me so we can cuddle and talk a little before we get up for the day. I love this time, and so does she. The problem is, she has been getting up progressively earlier as the days have gone by. These days she is up quite a bit earlier than I would like to be woken up. At first I just let her climb in anyway, and made her promise to be quiet and hold still so I can sleep a little longer. But no matter how still she tries to be, she is a squirmy thing. This morning she was exceptionally early. I put my foot down and told her to go back to bed, but it broke her heart. I guess I will have to do without those extra 30 minutes of sleep. If you have ever heard Lilly's heart be broken, you will understand why I gave in.

Rachel wants to be a boy. She asked me to give her some boy name choices, and of those I gave her she chose David. The problem was, she kept forgetting her new name. Eventually she got tired of asking me to remind her, and changed her name to Andre. That must not have stuck well because yesterday she asked me if she could just be a boy called Rachel. I would be worried about this little phase if it weren't for the fact that in all other ways she is incredibly girly. Yesterday she got irritated with me because about six months ago I took her to get her hair cut and now she misses her long hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment