Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 16th, 2010

Our Internet went out today. The cable guy who came to look at it was very nice, and my kids talked his ear off. Rachel was asking questions about what he was doing and with each response given she retorted with "why?" Not to be ignored, Lilly chimed in with "I want to show him my owie." I asked the cable guy if that was alright, forgetting that Lilly's owie is located directly on the back of her middle finger. Essentially she flipped him off when she showed him. I have never seen a cable guy laugh so hard. He obviously also has children of his own.

I adore my children. Maybe I have a blind eye, but I am outrageously proud of the little people they are. Today at swim lessons, Rachel stood on the bottom of the pool for seven whole seconds! A class record. Lilly made it three seconds, and considering her age and size I think that is pretty darn good. I know these are little things, but I was beaming when they got out of the pool. I wanted to tell the other mothers "those are my kids!"


Lilly and Rachel at the FarmMan. Rachel is not amused!
Lilly and Rachel are really into playing make believe right now. Almost every aspect of their day includes imagining things differently. They want me to participate, but I am horribly adult about it. My imagination is seriously lacking from years of neglect. They are re-teaching me, but in the mean time they are scripting my part for me. With Lilly, it goes something like this: "And pretend I was the mom and you was the kid. And pretend I was leaving. OK sweetie, I will see you later. And then you says 'I love you mom'. And pretend you was scared so I got you a blankie. And then you says
(insert high pitched baby voice) 'oh no mom the monsters are going to get us!' and pretend I died." See, I hardly have to do a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment