Friday, November 19, 2010

November 18th, 2010

Yesterday morning Rachel and Lilly got in a heated argument about which one of them was going to marry Carson. They brought their argument to me and I told them neither one of them can marry Carson because you cannot marry family members. Rachel looked disheartened. "Well can I marry Brady?" "No, because Brady is in your big family, since he is your cousin." She then put her head in her hands and asked "Who will be my husband?" "Someone you probably don't know yet" I answered. Then a very concerned, dramatic "how will I find a man?"

Rachel decided a few weeks back that she doesn't want to do karate lessons anymore because she "knows everything". This is also her justification by the way for not wanting to go to church. Lilly still loves karate, so she has continued on. Her class is in the evening now, so I leave the other kids at home and just take Lilly. It has been delightful to spend some one-on-one time with her. The first day while we were driving I was half listening to her and half listening to NPR. A few minutes into the drive I turned the radio off because Lilly was much more entertaining. I can't put it into words exactly, she just cracks me up.

Lyn (Shelby's step-dad) is coming to visit this weekend. This will be his first visit to our house. The kids have only met him a couple of times, but they are still excited. Mostly this is because they sincerely love the people in their world, but it doesn't hurt that he has agreed to teach them how to make candy while he is here. Rachel keeps asking how many sleeps until he comes. This is the way she counts her days.

No comments:

Post a Comment