Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 30, 2010

Rachel has been cutting her own pancakes for months. At first she was really proud of herself, but as time has gone by, she has begun to see it as a chore. She fights me on it every time we have pancakes. She begs and pleads with me to cut them "just one more time." I always refuse. The other morning we were going through our usual pancake routine and finally, thinking I could reason with her I said "Rachel, do you know why I won't cut your pancakes for you? Because it is my job as a mother to make sure you grow up to be a strong, capable, responsible..." this is where she stops me and says "No mom, I am going to be a super hero!" I am pretty sure she saw her mistake the same moment I did. "Fine Rachel! Do you think superheroes need their moms to cut their pancakes for them?" She cut her pancake without another word.

I loaded the kids in the car yesterday and went in to grab something. When I came back out I could here Rachel screaming for help. She sits between Lilly and Carson. As soon as I had put them in, Lilly totally clobbered Rachel. According to Rachel, Lilly hit her in the face "a lot of times" and then pinched her. Rachel had the marks to prove it. This is not the first time this has happened. We had a similar situation 2 days ago, except this time Carson and Lilly tag teamed her. I came out and Carson had a hold of her hair and Lilly was kicking her. Of course the mother in me scolded the little stinkers, but as soon as my face was hidden I couldn't stop smiling. I am sure Lilly sees it as her only opportunity to have a physical advantage over Rachel.

We had Thanksgiving at Sarah's house this year. My girls both thought marshmallows were their favorite part of the meal. Funny they failed to mention the sweet potatoes the marshmallows went on top of. Even though Carson can't speak, I am pretty sure marshmallows were his favorite as well. My family always does a great Thanksgiving meal, and an abnormal amount of pie. We had 12 pies, which worked out to about 1/2 a pie per person, and that is quite a bit less than last year. Of course we hardly put a dent in them, but we love to have the options. We had 2 pumpkin, 2 apple, 2 dark chocolate cream, 2 berry pies, banana cream, lemon meringue, peach, and pecan.

No comments:

Post a Comment