Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January 11th, 2011

Yesterday Rachel told me what "heal" means. "Heal is when you put mud on your eyes and then you go in the water and you wash then you can see really good." At first I was a little confused at what she was getting at but by the end I understood. In primary she learned about Jesus healing the blind man.

Lilly has gotten into the habit of telling me no when I ask her to do something. She must not really think through it before she says it. I always say "excuse me?" She gets a panicked look in her eyes and quickly says "no, no, no, I said 'yes sir!'" I don't know which is worse, her telling me "no" or thinking I am a "sir". Sometimes she makes some other excuse up, like "No, I was saying no to the table!"

Carson keeps bringing me things. Usually it is something I not only do not need, but really do not want. For example, garbage, or items of clothing he has pulled out of my dresser. Sometimes he will bring me some trivial thing such as a color crayon while he is holding in his other hand something I need (or need him not to have) like my cell phone or a bottle of Tylenol he has found in my purse. He is insistent that I take what he offers, and only what he offers. If I say "no thank you" or "I don't want it, put it away" he becomes extremely persistent and agitated. If I try and take the thing he does not offer, he usually tries to run away. The easiest thing is to take what he offers and enthusiastically say "Thank you Carson! This is just what I needed!" The problem with this is that it is encouraging and he usually scampers off to find some other meaningless gift to give me. 

I watched the girls do karate for a little while yesterday, and I noticed something for the first time. The two of them stick together like glue. They were playing tag at the end, and anytime they would get separated, Rachel would yell across the room "Lilly, over here!" and Lilly would come running to her. This seems to be mostly Rachel's initiative. I think she is trying to look out for her little sister. Even though the two of them can really get into it at home, it is nice to see that they are so concerned for one another when they are out in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment