Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 3rd, 2010

Carson had croup last week. He was absolutely painful to listen to with his horrible cough. I have no idea how he got enough oxygen for a couple of days, he was so congested. He seems almost over it now, but both Rachel and Lilly came down with it almost simultaneously Friday night. Lilly woke up early Saturday morning sounding like death. I gave her some children's Tylenol and rubbed her down with Vic's and put her back to bed. Miraculously later that morning she seemed almost back to normal. Saturday night she came down with stomach flu and by Sunday morning the croup was back in full force. After one bout of throw up she asked me in a concerned voice "is it I have a baby in my tomach?" Both Lilly and Rachel almost completely lost their voices, which made communicating with them very amusing. Rachel sounded like a little mouse. This morning both of them are still a little croupy, but better. Rachel has now come down with the stomach flu as well. Lilly still isn't keeping any food or water down either. At least Rachel is old enough to make it to the toilet. Lilly is still at that age where she doesn't want to admit she is going to throw up so she just stays put and pukes wherever she is at the time. My kids have been blessed with amazing immune systems, so they are rarely sick. That is why all of this simultaneous coughing and throwing up is a little shocking to us. Like me, they are so rarely sick that when they are, they think they are going to die.

Since Lilly has not been able to make it to the bathroom, I gave her a bowl and told her it was her new best friend, and to carry it with her everywhere. A few minutes later she started crying because Carson was "trying to take my best friend away!" In my optimistic nature, I am planning on the three of them being completely better by morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment