Friday, January 28, 2011

Jophes Smith

Rachel made two loud announcements to us during sacrament meeting on Sunday. The first was that she found cereal on the floor and ate it. The second was that she knows who Jophes is, "it's Jophes, it's Jophes, it's Jophes Smith!" Both of these announcements were made loud enough for at least our half of the chapel to hear. A few days ago, Rachel asked me if it would be OK for her to choose a husband when she is 10. I told her I thought that was pretty early, but she assures me she won't marry him at 10, just pick him out. "somebody I haven't met yet."

The kids have all been very into my growing abdomen. They know there is a baby in there and are constantly asking me questions about it. This morning I was cuddling with Lilly and she kissed my arm and said "mom, your arm looks like there is a baby in it!" I have chosen to take this as a compliment about my well developed guns.

Carson is still not talking a ton, but he has added a couple of words. He finally says "bye" and sometimes "stinky". My favorite new thing he says is "yay!" He says it all the time, anytime he gets to do anything remotely fun. And he says it with such enthusiasm. I asked him if he wanted to go outside with his dad and he started jumping up and down and said "yah! Yay! Yay! Yay!"

We have been spending most of our time at home over the past few weeks. We leave the house for karate twice a week and that is about it. Mostly we have all been enjoying this, and my house has never been cleaner. Really it has been nice to spend so much time with my kids without the stresses of life. They are fun little people.

No comments:

Post a Comment