Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The "Fella-gator"

I took Emilia to the doctor for her first checkup. Everything looks great. She has lost a few ounces but other than that she is perfect. She now weighs 6lbs, 11oz and is 19.75 inches long. This puts her in the 25th and 35th percentile respectively. I forgot to bring her PKU slip so I had to take her back later that afternoon for the PKU test. When we got there Lilly said "Are we going to ride on the fella-gator?" It took me a few seconds to realize she was asking about the elevator.

Carson asked me for a drink yesterday. I told him to go upstairs and get one himself, and he did. A few moments later I heard him rustling around upstairs only to have him return with a bottle of canola oil. He was so excited because he thought he had found juice. We tried to explain to him that it was not juice but he insisted. Finally Shelby let him take a drink. Shelby asked if he liked it and the stubborn little thing nodded and asked for more!

Rachel has been into the game "what would happen if..." It is driving me crazy! In the last two minutes she has asked me the following: "What would happen if... you never drank water, you never stopped drinking water, you held onto the end of that fan and spin round and round, a bird was on the end of that fan and spins round and round, you didn't eat for one day, you didn't eat for 10 days, and you didn't eat for 100 days?" One of the problems is I am not always sure what the right answer is.

Just to once again showcase Lilly's tender heart, she has been very concerned over my treatment of Emilia. Emilia does not like her diaper changed, and cries when I do it. Lilly keeps telling me to stop it. If I don't, she plugs her ears because she can't stand to hear her little sister cry.

1 comment:

  1. How cute! My sons still ask me those kinds of questions, but if I don't know then at least I can tell them to go google it!

    ReplyDelete