Friday, August 12, 2011

More Progress

Yesterday Emilia was awake a lot, and even seemed pretty happy. They were going to take out her breathing tube yesterday morning but the X-ray showed she still had a lot of fluid in her lungs. Finally last night her surgeon said "just take it out!" They did, and she has done great breathing on her own. Apparently the reason the X-ray looked so wet was because she was laying on a gel pillow. The moisture was showing up in the X-ray!

Pam has been Emilia's nurse the past two days, and she is a lot of fun. She laughs a lot, and seems to really like our little girl. She says we can hold her later on today after she gets one of her chest tubes out. This is the moment I have been waiting for! We have not been able to hold our little girl since early Sunday morning and it is killing us!

Nawlene is home with Carson now. We got to Skype with him last night. He seemed thrilled. It only made me miss him more. We sang him "Wheels on the Bus" which is his favorite song. Nawlene will stay with him until Shelby comes home on Sunday. The girls are with my parents heading to Fort Bragg. My mom said Lilly told her last night "I was missing my mom, and my sister was missing my mom, so we just hugged each other." Hearing this was both heart-warming and heart-breaking. We miss our kids, and I am still a good week or more from seeing them. Lucky Shelby will see Carson on Sunday and the girls when they come back on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. You're in our prayers! It's great to hear the surgery was a success and that you have had peace throughout this. What a lucky little girl to have you for parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We heard about everything at book club and we've all been praying for you! I know how hard it is to be away from your other kids, but it's wonderful that you can be with Emilia. She needs you, and I'm sure there's no place you'd rather be. I'm so glad everything went well with her surgery. Take care! We all love you and hope Emilia gets home soon.

    ReplyDelete