Sunday, October 10, 2010

October 10th, 2010

We ate dinner at my parents' house tonight. My daughters were a hoot. Merry brought her new boyfriend who spent much of the night giggling at Lilly. I don't blame him. Lilly is funny! She told my dad that her middle name is Vanilly, which of course makes her Lilly Vanilly. On the way home I made her lip sync to the songs on the radio.

Saturday morning I sent Lilly to get dressed so she could play outside. She is used to the warm weather, but on Saturday it was a little chilly. She came up in a sleeveless shirt and a short skirt. I told her that she might want to dress warmer since it is cold outside. She obediently returned to her room to put on more clothes and came back wearing a second short skirt and a second sleeveless shirt. I let her go out, and she never did complain about being cold.

The kids pretty much follow me around the house, no matter how boring my task at hand is. On Saturday I prepped the guest room to be painted. No matter how hard I tried I could not convince them that their room, outside, or even the living room would be a more fascinating place to play. Rachel and Lilly's favorite game is to play house. Usually, they pretend that their mom and dad "got killed" and now they are left alone in the world to care for their baby brother Carson (sometimes they rename him Brady). So morbid! I blame Disney. Have you ever noticed that in most Disney movies the main character is missing one or both of their parents? Anyway, it was delightful to listen first-hand to their survival techniques as they made their way in the world. Not only did they have to fend for themselves, but they also had to protect each other from that evil Roger, who so often turns up in their games of house.

No comments:

Post a Comment