Friday, October 8, 2010

October 8th, 2010


There is nothing my girls like more than birthdays. And not just their birthdays, everyone's birthdays. They don't even have to be invited, they just like to know when someone is having a birthday party. So when I told them we would be spending the afternoon finding a present for Nona's birthday (this would be my mom), they were super eager. I told Rachel before we left that she wasn't actually coming to the party and she told me in her most annoyed teenage voice with hands on hips "I know. We are having a baby-sitter". Before we left Rachel said "I have a great idea! Let's make friends at the store!" Rachel's method of making friends was by bribing them with food. She got together a zip-lock bag full of individual snack sized Craisins for both her and Lilly, and passed them out to any kid she thought would be a good candidate for a friend. I don't know how long-lasting the friendships will be, but she did make a lot of people smile.

Fun facts about Lilly: she can snap her fingers with water in her mouth. Also, do not mistake Lilly for a dude because she is a "dudatte".

No comments:

Post a Comment