Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October 5th, 2010

Yesterday was karate day. 4-year-olds are so fickle. The instructor was late getting there and I told Rachel we might not have karate that day. She was so upset. Literally 10 seconds later we found out the instructor was there. I told Rachel she could do karate after all. She did a complete 180 and decided she didn't want to do karate anymore, and non of my bribes or threats could change her mind. Lilly and Rachel are in the same karate class. I usually do not watch because when I do, the girls spend all their time showing off for me. Yesterday I watched Lilly for a couple of minutes, and she was so cute! It was just her and 2 other boys. While they were practicing their punches, the boys looked so severe, but Lilly just had a huge smile on her face the whole time. Lilly finds everything very amusing. The girls are really into rhyming lately. Rachel is always asking me if words rhyme. Usually the words she uses just sound alike. For example "baby" and "Brady" is a favorite. But Lilly totally gets it. I can give her a word to rhyme and she pretty much gets it every time. She often makes up the rhyming word, but at least she gets it! Lilly is a very smart little girl.

Carson is getting old, which breaks my heart a little. He is a good little kid, but he has a stubborn streak. He likes to not eat his food if I am watching just to show me who is boss. He sits at his chair with this little pleased look on his face. If I try to feed him he just shakes his head with pursed lips and smiles. Two can play at this game though. Now I just put the food in front of him and leave. He likes to bring me things he thinks I might need, like my phone, my deodorant, little pieces of garbage. I always thank him profusely. Then he tries not to smile, puts his head down, and goes off in search for another item to please me.

No comments:

Post a Comment