Sunday, October 3, 2010

October 3rd, 2010

Rachel wants to change Carson's name to Brady. She has asked me about this a couple of times. I have been assured that it is just until he is older, and then we can go back to calling him Carson. This all stems from her feelings about her cousin Brady who is older and very cool. Not only is Brady the coolest, he treats Rachel like she is his equal, which thrills both Rachel and me. Rachel also informed me tonight that she has a husband whose name is undetermined. This much is clear: he is an astronaut who is sun-proof, meaning he can touch the sun without "getting dead". He is in space right now, but will return before Rachel has a chance to truly miss him. Apparently the two of them are a crime-fighting duo that works together to destroy Rachel's nemesis, Roger (Roger by the way is the perpetual bad guy in all of Rachel's make-believe games). Rachel asks me every now and then if there are any real Rogers on the earth. I don't know exactly how to answer this. I don't want her to be afraid, but I also don't want her walking around thinking that all men named Roger are bad guys. As a joke, I think I will tell her that I am going to name our next baby Roger.

This October of ours is weird. It was in the 90's all last week. I guess this is a good thing, as my garden is still producing. At the same time, I am so tired of canning. My friend Deborah and I put up about 30 pints of peach jam today and only stopped because of a shortage of pectin and sugar. I know as soon as canning season is over I will miss it. The garden is work, but I so love walking outside to all the fresh basil I could possibly use. So no more complaining. It is October 3rd and I am still picking beautiful fresh zucchini. Before I know it winter will be here and I will be reduced to eating carrots and celery as my main vegetables.

Shelby and I spent the weekend working on our guest bedroom and bathroom. We picked out two colors for the guest bedroom. A beautiful brown for the main walls, and a deep sage color for the accent wall. At least that is what we thought. Once we put them on, the brown looked green and the sage looked like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Together the colors were a disaster. How does that happen? I suppose in another room the colors will end up looking pink and blue. Shelby says we should just break down and do a blue and orange room...

No comments:

Post a Comment