Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October 26th, 2010

My sister watched the kids while I did my workout yesterday. My plan was to stop at the store on my way to pick them up but the workout took much longer than I expected. I was trying to decide if I should still stop at the store, or if I should pick them up first when a thought occurred to me. I missed them. And even though picking them up first would make the whole affair take twice as long and much more stressful, I wanted them with me. They are such delightful little people! And they didn't disappoint. We laughed a lot at the store. Or rather, I laughed a lot. In the car, after we were done, Lilly and Rachel got into it a little and Lilly declared "I don't love anyone!" I asked her if she still loved me, and she said "yes". Then she listed all of the exceptions to her no-love declaration. "I love Nonna and Papa, and Grandma and Grandpa, and all aunts and uncles and Carson." So what it boiled down to is that she no longer felt any love for Rachel. I told Lilly that unfortunately she has no choice, and must love her sister.

Speaking of Lilly, she just came upstairs with her pants and shirt on backwards. I sent her down to get her shoes on and I am betting money that she puts them on the wrong feet. If you tell her she will just say "It's OK with me." This happens a lot with Lilly. One day she had her pants and shirt on backwards, along with shoes on the wrong feet. Later that day I noticed her panties were inside out and on sideways. But if it is OK with her it is OK with me.

The thing I love most about having kids is watching how excited they get about little things. Today is swim lessons day. I reminded Rachel last night. Her eyes lit up and she got a big smile on her face. "I'm going to swim tomorrow?" She was giddy. I told Lilly about swim lessons this morning, and she got the same wonderful look of delight on her face and she said "I'm going to go tell Rachel! Hey Rach!" And she was off. Everything important in their world is small and simple. Candy, family, cousins, books, movies, and swim lessons. We should all be so easily pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment